MAINTENANCE MECHANIC SUPERVISOR
SEQENS is an integrated global leader in pharmaceutical synthesis and specialty ingredients.
With 24 manufacturing sites and 3 R&D centers in Europe, North America and Asia, SEQENS develops custom solutions and ingredients for the most demanding industries such as healthcare, electronics, cosmetics, food and homecare.
Driven by a culture of excellence and a strong entrepreneurial spirit, SEQENS’ 3,200 employees are committed to providing its customers with the highest level of service and product quality while acting ethically in the frame of its Corporate Social Responsibility program.
This position is located at PCI, Newburyport MA, the North American branch of Seqens Worldwide.
This HANDS-ON position Reports to the Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Mechanic Supervisor is responsible for assisting manufacturing in its day to day ability to maintain a full and functional production schedule.
Will perform maintenance, preventive maintenance and upkeep of Plant site manufacturing, critical systems and facilities equipment. Repair, overhaul and perform preventive maintenance on Plant equipment to include, but not limited to, critical systems water, reactors, pressure vessels, seals revolving equipment. Plant infrastructure support systems and equipment. Positional responsibilities include gas welding, operating diagnostic equipment and instrumentation, use technical measuring devices, read and interpret electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic control systems
- Performs breakdown and preventive maintenance of critical plant equipment on a regular basis to include, but not limited to, reactors, tanks, mixers, process chillers, HVAC air handlers, central chillers, pumps and equipment and industrial control systems as responsibilities assigned to Facilities maintenance in cGMP environment
- Will provide troubleshooting, diagnostic, and repair equipment and equipment components related to positional responsibilities which includes, but not limited to: pumps, piping, and plumbing components; electrical controls, compressors, vacuum pumps, sanitary piping, blowers, single and double mechanical seals, and facility equipment.
- Able to follow manufacturers maintenance instructions and diagrams.
- Operates, performs operational equipment checks of Critical Systems equipment to include plant and clean steam boilers, compendial water treatment equipment and systems, compendial compressed air systems and wastewater treatment equipment
- Responsible for compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Responsible to notify the appropriate person, or take action, in case of suspected conditions that may lead to an accident, incident, equipment damage or other undesired situations.
- Responsible for assisting in training new staff on various pieces of equipment and duties.
- Responsible for coordinating maintenance work activities with maintenance team and Operators ensuring a safe and effective manufacturing operation.
- Responsible for providing feedback to Maintenance Manager and or Lead Mechanic during maintenance operations.
- Execute required and planned maintenance of manufacturing equipment, laboratory equipment, shipping equipment, and facilities needs.
- Participate in and facilitate training (safety, process and other), meetings as requested.
- Coordinate with warehouse, QC, R&D, EH&S, Maintenance and other departments thus ensuring unnecessary delays or unsafe conditions.
- Identify areas for improvement and recommend optimal operating and cleaning procedures.
- Participate in developing and implementing equipment improvements or new products.
- Complete housekeeping duties as Maintenance Mechanic when there are no mechanical activities.
- 5 or more years of Maintenance Mechanic and mechanical knowledge experience
- Welding, fabrication and machine shop experience
- Mechanical Seals experience
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must pass physical requirement associated with equipment handling, maintenance, repair and PPE usage.
- Thorough understanding of equipment operation and troubleshooting and diagnosing problems.
- Glass lined reactor experience a plus
- Resilient, Ability to focus and execute responsibilities, remain focused in a fast pace manufacturing environment. Maintain composure in stressful situations.