Seqens, part of SEQENS CDMO is equipped to run low temperature chemical reaction at research, development, pilot, and commercial scale (4,000 Liter). All of our equipment is ready to carry out reactions to as low as -80°C. Running certain processes under extremely cold temperatures—much colder than standard freezing—can be useful in for certain molecular transformations.
Cryogenic conditions can:
- Limit impurities
- Process highly reactive compounds such as organolithium reagents
- Improve reaction selectivity
- Eliminate or reduce unwanted side reactions
- Limit volatility of compounds for greater safety until conversion is completed
- Prevent ice crystals from forming